Friday, October 24, 2008

Winter is in the air. Leave it to Oklahoma to skip almost an entire season. Levi seems to think that this means we're in for a mean winter.
The nursery is all but complete. The only things that remain are some touch up work, the curtains, and painting the end table white... oh and Levi wants to replace the ceiling fan with one that's a little more girley. He's so going to spoil this baby girl rotten... if her grandparents don't beat him to it. ;)
I'm tired. Tired but happy. I only have four more weeks to go in this pregnancy. Four weeks that are going to last an eternity. People keep telling me that the last few weeks will go by more quickly because I'll be visiting the doctor every week from now on but I'm not so sure.
I have to take Heidi, our little beagle mix, to the vet for her second round of puppy shots today... on my own. I don't know how well I'll do considering the fact that I'm pregnant and I can't stand the sight of needles...(the fear of needles is part of the reason why I am going to do a natural birth).
My baby shower is on Sunday afternoon/evening. My sister and her wonderful friend are throwing it for me. I'm so excited! I'll get to see all of my friends again and that will be great. But I can't help but feel a little anxious. My Nana is going to be there and the last thing that I need is for her to take offense at something that one of my friends say or do (since a lot of them aren't really your traditional "Christians" and tend to say exactly what they think). I'm sort of worried that she'll cause a scene and embarrass my mom, sister, and myself. This is probably unfounded but you know with the hormones and stuff it seems like a very real possibility.

Baby girl,
Sweet baby girl,
You are coming into one messed up world.
My prayer for you,
Is that you'll be true,
To your heart and soul.
Let no one take,
Or try to break,
Your spirit or take control of you.
Always know,
As you grow,
That you are loved no matter what you do.
You'll be my girl,
Sweet baby girl,
And I'll always be there for you.

By: Christi Parker

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm glad to see you're blogging again!
I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. Soon Zoe will be here. :)
For me, the last four weeks went by quickly. I was going to the doctor 3x a week.

FYI on the needle thing. They may put in an IV automatically. They did for me. It didn't have anything it it, but it's just there in case they have to give you something. Don't worry though. You really won't care when you're in labor. All I cared about was everyone being very quiet and letting me breathe through the contractions!

aola said...

I love the poem.

Christi said...

Sandra- Thanks for the advice. IV's don't bother me too much so I'm expecting that. I can't wait for Zoe to be here. I'm only going to the doctor once a week. They say that they wish all pregnancies were as trouble free and perfect as mine. Time is still crawling though.
A- thanks. I havn't written any poetry in a long time. Being stubborn and obstinate because it's something that my nana keeps telling me I need to do I guess. :)