Thursday, October 16, 2008

I wish that I could say that the curve balls that life throws my way no longer phase me... but that would be lying.
This morning while talking on the phone with my mom I had a revelation. It's really been bothering me for the last couple of months, the way that Levi and I got married. With no thought for either of our parents feelings... this isn't me. I'm the type of person who wants everyone to live in harmony with each other and I do NOT like to create conflict of any kind... so why did I allow things to happen the way that they did?
The reason I discovered this morning is this: when Levi and I started dating it was at a time in my life when I felt like no one really cared about me. I was pretty much an outcast from the church I was going to. My siblings never stood up for me when I got my heart broken or someone there hurt me. They would always say that it was my fault that the things would happen and I shouldn't blame the emotional results on THEIR friends. I was living with my dad, who never seemed to care where I was or who I was with. He never seemed to hear me when I would tell him about my plans and was always surprised when I would call and tell him that my plans had changed. Mom was the only one who really paid attention. Levi treated me like I was worth something. This is why I went against everyone the way that I did.

No comments: