Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Being a mom, a wife, a daughter, a best friend...it isn't easy.

I love what I have and what I am, but sometimes it's overwhelming.

Levi had all four of his wisdom teeth pulled on Friday morning and hasn't had the time to really just sit and get rest that he needs. I came down sick on Friday night and am still going through it. I don't know what it is, the flu or a severe chest cold. Anyway, poor Levi has been having to pick up the slack that I'm leaving and I feel really bad about it.

My relationship with my mom is all but nonexistent. She just can't or won't accept me as an adult. She thinks that I'm raising my kids all wrong, that I married the wrong man, that I'm being unreasonable when it comes to the situation with my grandparents, that I'm a horrible person for not going to New Mexico for Thanksgiving with the rest of them...and the list just goes on and on. Mostly it doesn't bother me anymore, but there are days...

The kids are growing like weeds. Zoe just passed her fourth birthday and Travace is at the 2 1/2 year mark. They're changing so quickly that it feels so hard to keep up.

No comments: