Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yesterday we had a scare. Zoe didn't move all morning or for most of the afternoon. My mom and nana came and drove me to the doctor's office so that they could hook me up to the fetal monitor for a little while. I was doing fine when I called the doctor, then called my mom to let her know what was going on. I fell apart when I called Levi. As soon as I heard his voice on the other end of the line my control crumbled into dust and I was left shaking, crying, and close to panic. I don't like to be that way... especially when he's not at home.
When we got to the doctor's, they hooked up the monitors and left my mom and I in the room while it did it's thing. As soon as the nurse left Zoe started moving like she had been doing it all along. I wasn't having any contractions but her heart rate was fluctuating between 145 and 170 b.p.m. I didn't know whether to cry with relief or frustration. The doctor came in after about 15 minutes looked at the chart and declared her one of the healthiest babies she's ever seen.
She then proceeded to tell me that she doesn't induce until 39 weeks at least. In my emotional state that wasn't a good thing to tell me. Honestly I had been hoping that we could get it all over with then and there.
She did suggest that I take Unisom and get some good sleep. I look like death warmed over. If the sleeplessness doesn't let up within the next couple of days I'm going to try it and see if it will help.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

If you want a natural labor, you don't want to be induced. Pitocin is nasty nasty nasty! They gave it to me when I had to be put on magnesium. The contractions are so much more painful with that stuff.

The next time little Zoe isn't moving try some apple juice! That always got Hayden going. :)

She'll be here before you know it and then you'll wonder how the 9 months it took to get her here went so quickly.

Christi said...

I hope you're right about the time going by faster. Thanks for the encouragement. And thanks for the swaddler. I'm going to send you a thank you note as soon as possible.

Sandra said...

You re so welcome! Don't worry about the thank you card. A virtual thank you works! :)